What is your dieting history? Can you relate to mine?
Have you done any – or ALL of these or MORE??? I am putting my list here so that you can see you are not alone. In doing Keto I realized, once and for all, that it was NEVER me that failed the diet. It was the diet that failed me. ALL OF THEM! My goal in offering this information on the website and maybe even working with you as a coach, is to bring this truth to you! You are smart and capable and intelligent and a hard worker. Stop dieting and start living!
The long list of diets I've tried that have failed me
- At the age of 13, Mom took me to a doctor who put me on a calorie/exchange program AND put me on amphetamines – in 1965 I guess they were no big deal.
- At the age of 16 I was dropped off at a Weight Watchers meeting.
- When I was in college I put a fridge in my room and made a pudding out of Carnation Instant Breakfast and water (and I must have put in gelatin) and ate that instead of meals.
- Between the amphetamines and the Carnation Instant Breakfast there must have been at least a dozen stupid (and dangerous) attempts to diet – it was, after all, the age of Twiggy.
- Stillman Diet – (precursor of Atkins) – NOTHING but protein and vegetables, most notably cottage cheese and carrots.
- EVERY incarnation of Weight Watchers – from the original (liver and fish 5x a week, no ketchup only mustard version) up through all the different POINTS systems. There have to have been no less than 12 different programs. (If you don’t remember “Fat and Fiber” or “New Freedom” or the original “Winning Points” you haven’t been with it long enough to feel my pain!)
- The Zone Diet
- South Beach Diet
- Gluten Free and Wheat Belly diets
- (Medically supervised) Elimination Diet
- Tosca Reno’s Clean Eating
- Joyce Meyers Eat and Stay Thin
- No S Diet
- Hungry Girl (All her cookbooks!)
- Beck Diet
- 100 Days of Weight Loss
- Mark Hyman – Both Blood Sugar Diet and the Eat Fat Diet
- Low Glycemic Index Diet
- Never did Juicing but I did buy a Nutribullet thinking that a few of those recipes might “boost metabolism”
- Way-of-life sort of diets: Mediterranean, Paleo, Primal (I actually draw on these now)
- Oh and calorie counting: My Fitness Pal, SparkPeople and Lose It (as well as paper and pencil during the dark ages)
- Suzanne Sommers (food combining)
- All sorts of exchange diets (American Heart, Diabetic, etc.)
- Eat This Not That
- Tony Robbins: The Body you Deserve
- DASH Diet is supported by my workplace so I looked, but did not follow
- Positive Changes (Hypnosis, and by far the most costly one (and least helpful) even if I add up all my years and products at Weight Watchers)
- The Slow Down Diet
- Intuitive Eating
- Mindful Eating
- Karly Pitman’s Growing Human Kindness and Untangled
I learned that the answer is within me through Keto
The last four, The Slow Down Diet, Intuitive Eating, Mindful Eating and Karly Pitman’s work have been instrumental in helping me forgive myself and in moving me to the point where I am now — where I realize that the answer is within ME and I can find it with Keto.
The answer is in YOU too
The answer is in which foods you eat:
Calories or Points don’t count!