Granny Keto Coaching FAQ
Why do I need coaching to get results?
By looking into coaching you are already committed to change! But to be fully successful, it is helpful to have someone who provides support, accountability and encouragement, and who offers new ideas and changes (or just tweaks!) to help you get to where you want to go. I want to see you reach your goals — but sometimes my best usefulness is having you define those goals and arrange them into manageable steps for a journey that will help you write a new story to your life. The work is up to you and the guidance and support is up to me!
How does scheduling work?
- For 1-on-1, let me know your top three choices in preferred order after purchasing a package, when you are directed to fill out a New Client form.
- For Group coaching, contact me to see if there is a group already in progress. If there is none, let me know your top three choices for times and days of the week and I will contact you as soon as I have three or more people to form a group.
- If you want to form your own friends and family group, after purchasing a package, when you are directed to fill out a New Client form, let me know your top three choices for times and days of the week in preferred order.
How long is a coaching session?
Both 1-on-1 and group sessions are up to one hour once a week (for individual STEPS coaching we can arrange one hour every other week). The time spent on a session is "client driven" meaning that groups usually do run the full hour but sometimes for individual coaching the client is "on the run" and just needs a quick check-in. For more information about the coaching choices, see my Coaching page.
What if I miss a session?
- For 1-on-1 clients, with 24 hours notice, sessions can be rescheduled/made up.
- If you miss a group session, there is no refund or make-up unless there is an open space in another group. Make sure your schedule is compatible with group meeting dates before you sign up for a group.
- If you have a private friends and family group, we all can work out a make-up session. However, if one or more persons do not come to a session and a make-up arrangement has not been made in advance, the session will still be held.
- There are no refunds.
How does a coaching session work?
- 1-on-1 calls can be done through FaceTime (preferred because it is often the best connection), Messages (through Facebook) or Skype. I suggest that if you have a question on a specific topic (hormones, supplements, etc.) that you email me the question at least one day prior to your session so that I can do some research if necessary. You may also elect a phone call instead of a video call. This works well too.
- Group coaching calls are done at this time through Google Hangouts or ZOOM. Specifics of the call will be emailed to you prior to each session. This will give you time to make sure that your browser supports the platform and that your microphone is in working order.
- I structure group coaching calls with an eye toward timing so that everyone will have individual time to discuss current situations and voice any questions or concerns. I suggest that if you have a question on a specific topic (hormones, supplements, etc.) that you email me the question at least one day prior to your session so that I can do some research if necessary. If I feel that a question or concern is very specific to the individual I will schedule a little extra time to address it outside of the group call. If it is an ongoing specific and personal issue we may need to talk about converting to 1-on-1 sessions.
Do you offer an email-coaching program?
At this time I do not offer email coaching as a separate item, but if you sign up for individual or group coaching, up to three emails a week are included.
What if I have medical concerns?
Any advice or information presented in coaching sessions, whether through an online meeting or through email, should not be considered medical advice or treatment.
How do I continue or cancel my coaching sessions?
- Your coaching package is either prepaid or set up as a subscription service that will automatically renew. If you need to change the type of coaching, change your payment method, or cancel your subscription, contact me through email at least one week before your subscription is set to renew. You must prepay for another set of sessions for a coaching package that does not automatically renew.
- Refunds will not be issued if you cancel after your payment has been made or subscription has renewed. To cancel, do so before your recurring charge occurs.
How does coaching work during holidays, vacations and emergencies?
- It is between you and me, or the group as a whole and me, how to handle coaching during the holidays. Unless I have plans to be away I will make every effort to meet with you if you want to.
- I may have to reschedule sessions during personal vacation time, but will give ample notice.
- I will inform you directly of any alterations in my schedule.
- I will do everything to provide you with a make-up when you are on vacation or have emergencies that interfere with our schedule. Of course an emergency is of an immediate nature, but anything else, please let’s talk at least a week in advance.
Will you provide a meal plan?
I do not provide meal plans. I will, however, provide suggestions regarding simple meals and especially meals and recipes that will work for your family and special occasions. If you have a special event that you need to prepare for, please let me know at least a week in advance with the following information: Which meal, how many people and preferences for types of foods.
Will you provide macros?
I will be able to assist you in finding the macros suited to your body. I support macros that are very low carb, moderate protein and high fat.
Will you provide workouts and/or exercise advice?
No, but I can offer suggestions geared toward your interests, physical condition and time restraints.
How do I get in touch with you with more questions?
Please use my Contact form if you have more questions. I offer a complimentary 30-minute no-obligation mini session to help you in making a decision.