Coleslaw #1 (No Mayo)
I am numbering my coleslaw recipes because there are so many ways to make a great Keto coleslaw. This one doesn’t use mayonnaise but some of my other coleslaw recipes do! This recipe can be made up to two days in advance.
1 small head of cabbage (approx. 1 ½ pounds of red or green, or a mix of both)
1 medium onion, chopped
¼ cup avocado oil
½ cup cider vinegar
1 tsp. celery seed
1 tsp. mustard seed
1 tsp. salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
- Quarter, core and very thinly slice the cabbage.
- In a large bowl combine the onion and cabbage.
- In a saucepan, warm the rest of the ingredients and pour warm dressing over the cabbage.
- Cool to room temperature, put into an airtight container, cover and refrigerate up to two days before serving.
- If you like a sweeter coleslaw and do not object to artificial sweeteners, you can add a LITTLE bit of sweetener to your taste.
For the entire recipe as written (in grams):
Total Carbohydrates: 44.25
Net Carbohydrates: 29.6